We specifically designed AgNote with permanent crop characteristics in mind. AgNote will help you to manage important permanent crop details such as the kind of rootstock, the spacing of plants and rows, whether the plant variety is a pollinator, and the percentage of each variety planted in the field.
In AgNote you can:
- Save multiple permanent crop varieties in the field.
- Keep track of planting details like rootstock, variety, spacing of plants and rows, and percentage of the varieties planted in the field.
- Find crop plantings easily, using the links in the navigation bar for each permanent crop.
- Quickly filter the planting list for the selected farm.
- Quickly email or download permanent crop reports directly from the page for each crop, using the slide-out tab at the right.
- View or add field scout results.
- Add planting input for a single planting or multiple plantings in just seconds.
- Attach files for one planting or multiple plantings in just seconds.
- Easy to plan and schedule inputs for the next season.
- Quickly navigate between the current season and prior seasons for comparison and planning.
- Visualize key parts of crop management using the customizable Permanent Crop Dashboard.
Unlike the planting information for permanent crops, which might not change for years, row crop information can change several times a year. AgNote helps you stay on top of those changes, making it easy to begin planning the new crop long before the current crop is harvested.
In AgNote it is easy to manage row crops, here is why:
- Quickly filter plantings for a selected farm.
- View the crop that was planted previously, the crop that is currently planted, and enter the information for the next planting’s information for each field.
- In just seconds, add planting input or upload files to one or multiple plantings.
- Customize harvest methods for accurate yield recording.
- Record applied irrigation water for each planting.
- Easy to navigate between seasons.
- Use AgNote’s batch tools to create new plantings or change planting statuses in less than one minute.
- Visualize key parts of crop management using the customizable Row Crop Dashboard.
Vegetable growers often have multiple crops and varieties planted in the same field. That requires functionality which allows field splitting.
In AgNote’s Produce Crop Management area, users can easily split fields into sections. AgNote will automatically validate to make sure that the combined section area does not exceed field area (acreage).
In AgNote you can easily move Produce planting to Row Crop management area and vice versa. If you know that the field will have multiple crops or varieties, the Produce Crop management area is a better option.
Here are just some of the highlights of the Produce Crop Management area:
- Allows to split fields into sections.
- Simple to share field maps with crop information on the map.
- Plan up to three crop plantings per year.
- Plan next year’s plantings.
- Add postfix (name) to each field block.
- Simple navigation to see what was planted / harvested each year.
- Batch add field inputs, completed tasks, files and spray applications.
- Dedicated reports for Produce Crops.
- Field sections will be outlined on the field map.
Annual Harvest View
Annual Harvest View allows you visualize and manage your annual harvest information in one place.
A suitable crop candidates for Annual Harvest View are row crops which are planted in the field for many years and harvested multiple times a year. And where it is useful to monitor details for each harvest. For example, a perennial crop such as alfalfa, may be planted in the field for several years, with inputs and harvests being the only changes from year to year.
In Annual Harvest View you can:
- View planting harvest, input, file, and irrigation information for each year separately.
- Quickly navigate to previous year planting information.
- Add or view field scout results.
- Quickly filter harvests by farm.
- See the yield per harvest and the year-to-date (YTD) yield.
- Batch save planting inputs and files for multiple plantings.
- View the number of days between harvests.
- Get the input count and cost per harvest.
- View the water inches applied per harvest.
In today’s agriculture, it is hard to imagine producing exceptional conventional crop yields without any spray applications. Along with the many benefits that spray applications offer, they also come with a huge regulatory responsibility.
AgNote makes crop spray record tracking a breeze. It is super simple to add, update or copy spray records in AgNote. In AgNote at any time farmers can see the actual spray material cost of each application.
Here are some of the spray record tracking highlights:
- Just forward your Agrian’s Product Recommendation to AgNote, and AgNote will save it.
- Spray costs and counts are clearly visible for each planting or season.
- Save spray recommendation (pdf file) for each spray event.
- Spray can be added to multiple plantings at once.
- During spray creation, users can also select the Task which was used. When the Task is selected, once the spray is saved, AgNote will also record a Completed Task which will include information of who performed the application and the application cost.
- With a single click user can copy an existing spray application to another field(s), no need to re-enter the spray product information.
- Batch update applied spray product costs.
- On dashboard’s Cost charts, view the average spray product material cost per acre for the season.
Farm Task Management
Farming tasks such as tillage, planting, spraying, harvesting etc., are a significant part of the total time and cost to produce an exceptional yield. In AgNote, you do not have to guess how big or small that “significant” part is. Task management in AgNote can be configured from simple to very granular tracking.
Here are some highlights of task management in AgNote:
- Task Management setup in AgNote is quick and easy. New tasks can be quickly created or imported into AgNote
- Default task can be assigned to each crop planting, input application and harvest. When default task is assigned, as soon as you enter plant date, add input to the planting or enter harvest data, a task record will be created and saved automatically.
- Assign default service provider for each task, which will allow you to track who performed the task.
- Categorize your tasks. Task categories help to group tasks into common farming categories such as, tillage, planting, harvesting, labor etc.
- Setup task monthly archive. You can also require manager(s) to approve the tasks before they can be archived.
- Add bookkeeping codes to the archived task’s report, if you further need to import completed task information into your bookkeeping software.
- Task management in AgNote can be used for billing. Extremely useful for farm management companies.
- Generate completed work invoices in just seconds.
A significant part of AgNote is dedicated for accurate irrigation record keeping.
In America, 40% of the food supply comes from irrigated land. Especially during times of drought, it is of paramount importance to increase the yield per drop of water.
AgNote makes it super simple to record irrigation events. Once the irrigation event has been completed, AgNote will calculate exactly how many water inches were applied. In Agnote you can assign an Irrigator role to your irrigator and Irrigator can record irrigation events using smartphone.
Here are some of the highlights of irrigation management in AgNote:
- Intelligently calculates applied water inches, based upon meter readings, flow, or irrigation time.
- Detects meter rollover.
- Detects and recalculates overlapping wastewater irrigations.
- Calculates applied water inches for each planting.
- Provides a simple mobile application for irrigators to record irrigations using smart phone.
Water Source Management
If you are farming irrigated land, the Water Source management functionality will be immensely helpful for you.
The Water Source management area in AgNote is a dedicated place where you can quickly add, update, or view your water source information. Water Source management also includes a mapping that allows you to view water source information on the map.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Maintain detailed information about each Water Source (type, make, model, horsepower, power source meter, etc.).
- Save flow tests, water quality tests, and images for each irrigation water source.
- Upload water source images. Images can also be uploaded using smartphones.
- Print or share water source map.
- Easy to email water source information along with a link to the map. Recipient does not need to have AgNote’s login to view the map.
Imagine, you are walking your farm field and notice that there is a patch of unhealthy plants in the field. With your smartphone you take an image or multiple images, note what you are seeing there and share that information with your PCA within less than a minute. On the other side, your PCA opens the email where he/she can see the images along with your recorded notes and link to the map which marks where exactly the unhealthy plants were spotted.
Yep, all that and more can be done in AgNote or using AgNote’s mobile (PWA) application.
Here is what AgNote’s Field Scouting offers:
- Scouting results can be recorded using smartphone or from within the main application.
- Up to six images can be uploaded or taken by smartphone for each scouting event.
- When using a smartphone, the application will automatically detect what field you are currently in.
- Scouting results are saved for each crop planting or season.
- Scouting results can be securely shared with anybody, no login is required. When scouting results are shared (emailed), recipient(s) will receive a unique-secure link to view the results on the map.
- At a quick glance you can see if field planting or season has any scouting results available.
Dashboards and Reports
Easy data collection is just one part of good farm management software. After the data is inputted and saved, it is equally important that the collected data is available to support sound business decisions.
To help with decision making, AgNote provides three dashboards. All dashboards are customizable. Each user can choose which charts to show, hide, and in what order.
- Main Dashboard displays the overall account metrics, including the monthly land cost per company, current farmland acreages, varieties planted, etc.
- Permanent Crop Dashboard shows crop acreages, age groups of the crops, their yield history, etc.
- Produce Crop Dashboard shows produce (vegetable) crop planting information such as crop acreages, yield history, etc.
- Row Crop Dashboard displays the planted varieties, the status of the next planting, the current irrigations, etc.
- AgNote generates data reports that can be instantly downloaded or emailed. When emailing a report, the user can enter a message for the recipient.
- Reports can be scheduled in advance to be emailed automatically, with the frequency of the emailed reports chosen by the user.
- The scheduled reports can be customized to include data only for the selected companies.
Field Maps are an essential communication tool on the farm.
AgNote makes map creation, sharing and updating super simple. Here are just some highlights on how:
- On Map’s page, just click to select which farm fields you wish to view.
- View print area in landscape or portrait view before printing or emailing.
- Email the map in PDF format with your notes to a single or many recipients.
- Draw notes / instructions on the map before printing or sharing it.
- With a single click you can view on the map what was planted on the field previously, what is planted there now and what will be planted next.
- Map’s legend provides useful statistics like total acres and percentage of total acreage for each crop.
- The map will update automatically as you update your crop information.
- Crop colors can be easily customized.
Organic farming does come with its own challenges. To switch from conventional to organic farming is not a matter of simply turning off the chemical sprayer. Farmers must learn to manage soil nutrients without fertilizer, pest control without eliminating them and tackle weeds without herbicides. It really is a steep learning curve.
Organic farming also comes with some additional data tracking responsibilities.
AgNote can help to manage organic planting data.
- In AgNote, fields can be tagged as Organic. Report data can be further filtered by using the Organic tag.
- All plantings tagged as Organic, will be clearly visible on the plantings list with slightly green background color.
- On field map, all Organic fields will be clearly visible by having a thick, green border around them.
- Files can be attached (uploaded) for each planting.
- Each planting input can have files like USDA Certification attached to them.
Multiple Farm Management
AgNote is built so each account can manage many farms (companies), or if you have one big farm with field spread far apart, it could be beneficial to group your farmland into named areas. Chances are that you are already doing that.
In AgNote, it would be as simple as creating a new company for each named area.
Here are some highlights on how AgNote can help to manage multiple farms:
- Throughout the application you will be able to quickly filter data by farm.
- Where applicable, dashboards will display data grouped by farm.
- Reports can be scheduled to email data only for selected farms.
- Account users can be restricted to access data only for farms assigned to them.
- Farms and farm properties can be deactivated instead of deleting them to preserve the data history.
Part of farming is ordering things which are needed to grow a crop. For example, we need seed to plant, fertilizer to apply and spray products for the spray application.
A lot of the ordering can be done by simply picking up the phone and calling the vendor. But if you are looking for a simple and quick Purchase Order (PO) generator for your farm, which will keep your Purchase Orders organized, NOW AgNote has one!
Here are some of the Purchase Order generator highlights:
- Auto Generate. AgNote can automatically generate needed seed and input orders.
- Can generate Purchase Orders for multiple vendors in one GO (only one form needs to be filled out).
- Email the Purchase Order with a few clicks.
- Attach a map with delivery instructions.
- AgNote will intelligently generate (increment) your next PO number.
- Simply copy an existing Purchase Order to generate a new one.
- AgNote guards against any changes after the Purchase Order has been generated.
- Re-print existing Purchase Orders at any time.
- AgNote keeps track of who generated each Purchase Order.