AgNote is specifically designed with the characteristics of
permanent crops in mind.
It helps you record important details such as the kind of rootstock, the spacing of plants and rows, whether the plant variety is a pollinator, and the percentage of each variety planted per field.
In AgNote you can:
- Save multiple varieties for the field.
- Keep track of planting details like rootstock, variety, spacing of plants and rows, and percentage of the varieties planted in the field.
- Find crop plantings easily, using the links in the navigation bar for each permanent crop.
- Quickly filter the planting list for the selected farm.
- Quickly email or download permanent crops reports directly from the page for each crop, using the slide-out tab at the right.
- Add planting input for one planting or multiple plantings in just seconds.
- Attache files for one planting or multiple plantings in just seconds.
- Easy to plan and schedule inputs for the next season.
- Quickly navigate between the current season and prior seasons for comparison and planning.
- Visualize key parts of crop management using the customizable Permanent Crop Dashboard.
Unlike the planting information for permanent crops, which might not change for years, row crop information can change several times a year. AgNote helps you stay on top of those changes, making it easy to begin planning the new crop well before the current crop is harvested.
AgNote makes it easier to manage row crops by allowing you to:
- Quickly filter plantings for a selected farm.
- View the crop that was planted previously, the crop that is currently planted, and enter the information for the next planting’s information for each field.
- In just seconds, add planting input or upload files to one or multiple plantings.
- Customize harvest methods, for accurate recording of yield.
- Record applied irrigation water for each planting.
- Easy to navigate between plantings.
- Use AgNote’s batch tools to create new plantings or change planting statuses in less than one minute.
- Visualize key parts of crop management using the customizable Row Crop Dashboard.
Annual Harvest View
AgNote’s Annual Harvest View makes it easy to visualize and manage your annual harvest data.
You may wish to save some perennial crops as row crops. Alfalfa, for example, may be planted for several years, with inputs and harvests being the only changes from year to year.
AgNote allows you to:
- View planting harvests, inputs, files and irrigation information for each year separately.
- Quickly navigate to previous year planing information.
- Quickly filter harvests by farm.
- See the yield per harvest and the year-to-date (YTD) yield.
- Batch save planting inputs and files for multiple plantings.
- View the number of days between harvests.
- Get the input count and cost per harvest.
- View the water inches applied and the number of irrigation events per harvest.
Farm Task Management
Farming tasks such as tillage, planting, spraying, harvesting etc., is a significant part of the total time and cost to produce an exceptional yield. In AgNote, you do not have to guess how big or small that “significant” part is. Task management in AgNote can be configured from simple to very granular tracking.
Here are some highlights of task management in AgNote:
- Task Management setup in AgNote is quick and easy. New tasks can be quickly created or imported into AgNote
- Default task can be assigned to each crop planting, input application and harvest. When default task is assigned, as soon as you enter plant date, add input to the planting or enter harvest data, a task record will be created and saved automatically.
- Assign default service provider for each task, that will allow you to track who performed the task.
- Categorize your tasks. Task categories help to group task in common farming categories such as, tillage, planting, harvesting, labor etc.
- Setup task monthly archive. You can also require manager(s) to approve the tasks before they can be archived.
- Add bookkeeping codes to the archived task’s report, if you further need to import completed task information into your bookkeeping software.
- Task management in AgNote can be used for billing. Extremely useful for farm management companies.
Irrigation and Water Source Management
A significant part of AgNote is dedicated for irrigation recording and irrigation water source management.
In America, 40% of the food supply comes from irrigated land. Especially during times of drought, it is of paramount importance to increase the yield per drop of water.
Here is how AgNote can help:
- Maintain detailed information about each Water Source (type, make, model, horsepower, power source meter, etc.).
- Saves flow tests, water quality tests, and images for each irrigation water source.
- Intelligently calculates applied water inches, based upon meter readings, flow, or irrigation time.
- Detects meter rollover.
- Detects and recalculates overlapping wastewater irrigations.
- Calculates applied water inches for each planting.
- Provides a simple mobile application for irrigators to record irrigations using smart phone.
Dashboards and Reports
Easy data collection is just one part of good farm management software. After the data is input and saved, it is equally important that the collected data supports sound business decisions.
To help with decision making, AgNote provides three dashboards. All are easily customized, each user can choose which charts to show and which to hide, and the order to display them.
- The Main Dashboard displays the overall account metrics, including the monthly land cost per company, current farmland acreages, varieties planted, etc.
- The Permanent Crop Dashboard shows crop acreages, age groups of the crops, their yield history, etc.
- Row Crop Dashboard displays the planted varieties, the status of the next planting, the current irrigations, etc.
- AgNote generates data reports that can be instantly downloaded or emailed. When emailing a report, the user can enter a message for the recipient.
- Reports can be scheduled in advance to be emailed automatically, with the frequency of the emailed reports chosen by the user.
- The scheduled reports can be customized to include data only for the selected companies.
Field Maps are an essential communication tool on the farm.
AgNote makes map creation, sharing and updating super simple. Here are just some highlights on how:
- On Map's page, just click to select which farm fields you wish to view.
- View print area in landscape or portrait view before printing or emailing.
- Email the map in PDF format with your notes to a single or many recipients.
- With a single click you can view on the map what was planted on the field previously, what is planted there now and what will be planted next.
- Map's legend provides useful statistics like total acres and percentage of total acreage for each crop.
- Map will update automatically as you update your row crop or permanent crop information.
- Crop colors can be easily customized.
Organic farming does come with its own challenges. To switch from conventional to organic farming, is not a matter of simply turning off the chemical sprayer. Farmers must learn to manage soil nutrients without fertilizer, pest control without eliminating then and tackle weeds without herbicides. It really is a steep learning curve.
Organic farming also comes with some additional data tracking responsibilities.
AgNote can help to manage organic planting data.
- In AgNote, fields can be tagged as Organic. Report data can be further filtered by using the Organic tag.
- All plantings tagged as Organic, will be clearly visible on plantings list with slightly green background color.
- On field map, all Organic fields will be clearly visible by having a thick, green border around them.
- Files can be attached (uploaded) for each planting.
- Each planting input can have files like USDA Certification attached to them.
Multiple Farm Management
AgNote is built so each account can manage many farms (companies),
if you have one big farm with field spread far apart, it could be beneficial to group your
into named areas. Chances are that you already doing that.
In AgNote, it would be as simple as creating a new company for each named area.
Here are some highlights on how AgNote can help to manage multiple farms:
- Throughout the application you will be able to quickly filter data by farm.
- Where applicable, dashboards will display data grouped by farm.
- Reports can be scheduled to email data only for selected farms.
- Account users can be restricted to access data only for farms assigned to them.
- Farms and farm properties can be deactivated instead deleting them to preserve the data history.
Interested? Register and try it free for 7 days! Registration will take less than 1 minute.
If you prefer a different payment option, please contact us about other possible arrangements.
What are others saying about AgNote?
I really like how AgNote provides an easy field planting overview. It really helps to have a quick view on field plantings, what’s planted currently, what was planted before and what will be planted next.
Ranch Manager @ property management company
Easy to share farm data with others! In AgNote, I can easily add a user to my account and control which farm data, user will be able to view, edit or download.
Farm manager @ Deer Valley farm
AgNote is simple! It offers the right functionality for hands-on farm management. Seems to be made for actual farm managers.
About us and our core values
AgNote’s Mission is:
to help farmers easily and quickly input, organize, view,
and track their farm data with our farm management software.
AgNote’s roots began back in 2016, when its early prototype was created and first tested in California’s San Joaquin Valley—America’s highest agricultural producer, selling crops for over 7 billion dollars annually.
As a result of our success in managing the data of several farms of about 6,000 acres, we decided to further develop AgNote and make it widely available to farmers starting in 2021.
AgNote was literally created and improved in the field. You can use it as easily from a pickup truck as in your office. It was designed to be a quick, efficient, and reasonably priced tool for busy farm managers.
Our core values:
At AgNote, we are passionate about developing practical farm management tools. We really love what we do!
We believe that our customers - the actual users of our software - are just as important as the technology behind our product. Delivering value to our customers is always our first priority. We listen to our customers, who inspire our product innovations.
We are a small company and work extremely hard to earn and keep your trust.
We are entirely independent and debt free, so we owe no allegiance to any other businesses or financial organizations.
The only thing we owe is sincere appreciation to our customers!
If you still have some specific questions about AgNote's Farm Management Software,
please send us your questions, and we will respond within 24 hours (on workdays).
Go ahead and try out AgNote free for 7 days. Registrations is quick and easy!