Pistachio growers face many challenges in their pistachio orchard management. Challenges such as managing food safety, irrigations, pest control, harvesting, and marketing. Therefore, growers will benefit from practical pistachio orchard management software that will help optimize their operations, increase their productivity, and reduce their costs.
What to look for in Pistachio Orchard Management software
Here are some of my suggestions for what to look for when exploring software for pistachio orchard management:
- Irrigation management. That helps pistachio growers to plan and manage irrigation applications
- Orchard activity planning. A planning tool that allows pistachio growers to budget upcoming season
- Record orchard specifics. Such as row & plant spacing, rootstock, percent of each variety planted in the field, irrigation system etc.
- Allow growers to track inputs (i.e. gyp, compost, fertilizer, etc.), spray applications and irrigations
- Includes completed work tracking such as labor and tractor work
- Pest control. Software that can track orchard’s health and productivity
- Analyze your yield and quality data using advanced analytics and reporting tools
By using practical orchard management software, you will save time, money, and resources, while improving your yield and quality. You can also reduce your environmental impact and comply with the latest regulations and standards.
How AgNote can help with pistachio orchard management
AgNote includes a dedicated management area for permanent crops such as pistachios, almonds, grapes, walnuts, citrus etc. If you farm more than one permanent crop, AgNote will provide you with a dedicated crop management area for each crop type. This way it will be quicker and easier for you to focus on one crop at a time.
Here are some of the highlights of how AgNote helps pistachio growers with orchard management:
- Irrigation management. AgNote provides a simple mobile (PWA) application for irrigators to record irrigation information. You can save water quality test results for each water source on your ranch. If Nitrogen reading is recorded in AgNote, AgNote will calculate applied Nitrogen for each irrigation event.
- Season planning. Season (crop) plans can be quickly created and assigned to the current or upcoming crop season. Use crop plan(s) as an estimation tool since created crop plans will have the total cost per acre.
- Track orchard inputs, spray applications, irrigations and season related documents (i.e. tissue and soil sample results). Record activities for each field individually or in batches (many fields at once to save time).
- Easy to track completed tasks such as labor, crew work, tractor work etc. In addition, AgNote provides a dedicated management area where you can see at a quick glance what tasks have been completed.
- Field Scouting. Helps pistachio growers to monitor and improve orchard’s health. Through AgNote’s field scouting, users can geo-tag inspection area and save images. Field scouting results can be recorded directly in the main application or using mobile device. Scouting results can be easily shared and viewed on the map.
- And more. AgNote farm management software also includes field mapping, work order management, water source management, purchase order generation and much more.
If you are interested in finding out more about how AgNote’s management software can help you with your pistachio orchard management, please contact us today. We also offer a free seven-day trial. Don’t miss this opportunity to take your pistachio farming to the next level.